2006/08/05

Thunder and Lightning

Durning the dinner, it thundered and lightning. I told my grandma-in-law a story :

Once upon a time, a very good daughter- in-law, who was a widow, lived with her parent-in-law. When they had dinner together, she always left the good food on the public plates and kept the bad food in her own private bowl.

"That's it!" My grandma-in-law interrupted me and showed her agreement.

But the god Thunder mistook this daughter-in-law as a selfish woman. Thunder kill this dauter-in-law to punish her. Eventually, the Emperor of the Heaven found this was a mistake. So Emperor of the Heaven bestowed the title of "god Lightning" upon this daughter-in-law, who was in charge of making a sparkle before the god Thunder punish people, to let god Thunder see the people clearly.

"Have you ever heard of this story before, Grandma?"
"No, never."
"Oh....I make up this story."

Actually, I read this story on the popular "Taiwanese Folk Stories" when I was a child. But grandma-in-law is an illiterate.

0 意見: