2006/08/21

The Stars and Stripes -- and Taiwan!


I found a very weird campaign banner of a candidate for Kaohsiung City mayor, which is put in front of a newspaper office : The Stars and Stripes -- and Taiwan!

I tried to hold the flag to shoot a picture, but I failed to do that alone.
An old man, who is walking his dog, saw my clumsiness. He decided to give me a hand.

'Let me hold the flag for you,' said the old man. I supposed him is an emigrant from China fifty
years ago.

While he held the flag, I heard he murmured something like ' Interesting, right? Taiwan under the protection of US (or Taiwan under US sovereignty...)'

I cannot tell what he is trying to express. I don’t know he like it or dislike it?

I am sure most Taiwan people won't be surprised or stunned by this 'Stars, stripes and Taiwan'.
The one who would be provoked by this 'Stars, stripes and Taiwan' must be a Chinese or a Hezbollah.( As you know, Hezbollah are provoked by the Stars and Stripes; Chinese are provoked by Taiwan, which lies on the Stars and Stripes.)

Most Taiwan people will be curious of what a foreigner said about the 'Stars, stripes and Taiwan'. Please let us know your opinion. Do tell your nationality, it’s very important to us.

0 意見: